Accounting Information for a Limited Company
Trading as a Limited Company has become increasingly popular, due to flexibility, security and tax efficiency.
A Limited Company has a separate legal entity from the owners, even if you own 100% of the shares. The profits and assets of the company belong to it, not you as the shareholder.
Apart from advantages such as limited liability, the main advantage of operating through a limited company are:
- Branding – one company and one name
- Taxation – low corporation tax and options to avail of revenue approved mileage and subsistence rates
- Liability – personal assets of shareholders are protected
- Benefits – scope for greater pension scheme contributions through a limited company
- Finance – greater ability to raise finance with tax beneficial options such as
- Seed capital relief
- Business Expansion Scheme
- Flexibility – greater flexibility with ownership
You can find out more information on the Companies Registration office website. The CRO is the statutory authority for registering new companies in the Republic of Ireland. The Office also registers business names.
Or we can register a Limited Company for you, and look after all your tax needs, allowing you to focus solely on your business – Contact me now to find out more